Wednesday, October 7, 2009

turning, turning - the season is turning!

Well, the Oktoberfest was fun. We had some of the county government officials visit with us, and I think they enjoyed the event. An enormous thank you to Sam Zitting and his family for providing the venue and all the extra effort they put in to make the event a hit.

The Chicken Dance was a crowd pleaser, as always, as was the German sing along led by our Foundation Chapter President, Dr. Claude T. Cawley. One of our choir classes performed, as well, and the group sounded fantastic. It was freezy, though. Burrrrr!

Now that the weather seems to have officially turned autumn, I'm getting ready to break out the fall decorations and deck out the campus. I'm inspired by the lovely colors peeping through the green all around me - gold and red leaves are falling all around. I've already decorated my home, so now the itch is full boar.

No comments:

Post a Comment